- This event has passed.
Meet the Artists Days
July 21 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, July 21st, 2018 will be our eighth annual “Meet the Artists” day from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We hope you can visit us for a delightful open house of “Nature Inspired Art” and meet the following artists. Some of the artists will be working on their current creation and all will be available to meet with our guests and describe their artwork.
- Kim Diment – Co-owner of Main Branch Gallery, signature member and four-time winner of the award of excellence from the Society of Animal Artists. She is officially ranked in the top 100 wildlife artists in the country and is one of the most award winning artists in our gallery.
- Jackie House – Native American Inspired Sculptures and Pottery. A multi-media artist, Jackie’s award winning artwork has been featured in numerous exhibits, shows and magazine articles. Several award winning sculptures are displayed in the gallery.
- Fred Kinne – Master Fish Carver of Michigan game fish and in particular, trout native to the AuSable and Manistee rivers. Fred’s remarkably lifelike carvings and perfectly reproduced painting set him apart from other woodcarvers. He was commissioned to create a carving of every fish in the Great Lakes for the Great Lakes Wildlife Museum in Julianstown, Ireland.
- Rod Lawrence – Realistic wildlife and nature art. Rod is an author, lecturer and has been a professional wildlife artist for over 40 years. Rod is a signature member of the Society of Animal Artists, an award of excellence winner, and one of the most awarded and acclaimed artists in our gallery.
- Mark Mehaffey – Internationally known as one of the finest watercolor artists on the planet. His over 50 years of painting has brought him awards and accolades from every major watermedia society. He is an acclaimed juror of national watercolor exhibitions and shows. Mark has also created twelve instructional videos and has appeared in many publications.
- Clare Spaulding – Clare is a creator of unique stone jewelry of Petoskey Stones, Beach Glass and Leland Blue. Her necklaces, pendants and earrings all feature sterling silver chains and fittings. She will be demonstrating some of her creative techniques.
- Jan Wachowski – Jan has been a teacher and functional Potter for over 40 years working with a variety of clay bodies, and mixes her own glazes. All of Jan’s ware is safe for food consumption, ovenproof, microwaveable and dishwasher safe. Currently she is interested in clay carving and surface decoration.
- Jack Weeks – Replicated Leather Work of the 17 & 18 Hundreds. Jack selects bag shapes and materials that were used in those years and crafts them with the types of hand tools that were available at that time. These early bags and horns were originally crafted by harness makers, cobblers, and cord winders.
- Ken Wright – Co-owner of Main Branch gallery, Ken’s award winning nature and landscape photography is offered in numerous sizes of canvas Giclee and glossy prints.