- This event has passed.
ONLINE RELAX: Alternatives to Anger
February 16 - February 19
How individuals handle their anger and stress affects the people around them. Alternatives to Anger is a four-part educational series designed to help adults, parents and caregivers increase their knowledge about anger issues and put anger management and healthy relationship skills into practice. Through presentations, group discussion and skill-building activities, participants learn what anger is, what triggers anger, calming down and de-stressing methods, the principles of problem solving, effective communication skills and forgiving and letting go of the past.
The concepts of RELAX include:
- Recognize your anger signals.
- Empathize by seeing the other person’s point of view.
- Listen and really hear what the other person is saying.
- Accept that the other person’s anger is NOT ABOUT YOU.
- “X”- out the past and keep it in the present.
This is a four session series:
Lesson 1 – What is anger?
Lesson 2 – Calming down and destressing.
Lesson 3 – Six Principles of Problem-Solving.
Lesson 4 – Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
This is a free class.
This is a live class using Zoom and will not be recorded.