- This event has passed.
Relax: Alternatives to Anger (ONLINE)
September 14 - September 17
RELAX: Alternatives to Anger helps teens, adults, parents and caregivers understand and manage anger and stress, and develop the communication and problem solving skills needed for healthy relationships.
Participants will learn:
- What anger is
- What triggers anger
- Calming down and de-stressing methods
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Forgiving and letting go of the past
This is a four session series.
Session 1- What is Anger?
• Learn to define anger.
• Recognize and name anger signals.
• Constructive vs Destructive Anger.
Session 2 – Calming Down and De-Stressing
• Becoming aware of the effects of cortisol on the brain.
• Learn ways to calm down and de-stress when angry.
Session 3 – The Six Principles of Problem Solving
• The six principles of problem solving.
• “I” messages.
• Positive communication skills.
Session 4 – Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
• Participants will be given resources that will aid them in forgiving others.
• Participants will acquire the skills to put their knowledge of the RELAX concepts into everyday situations.
This is a free class.
This is a live class using Zoom and will not be recorded.