Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWNCARE – We are looking to add employees through the fall and possibly the winter. Work starts immediately. Experience in mowing, landscaping and sprinklers preferred but always willing to train the right individuals. Valid drivers license and drug free is required. Please email Support@aplc.us or text/call 989-390-5880.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- CAMP GRAYLING – The State of Michigan is accepting bids for a Laundry Machine Repair Service for Camp Grayling. Job Details.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL – Looking to hire 1 part time qualified Lead Teacher. Must have valid CDA, Associates in Child Development or 90 clock hours with 4,000 hours of experience. Must have CPR and First Aide, Blood Borne Certificate and current TB Test, or willing to obtain. Will need to pass a Comprehensive Background Check and be Finger Printed. Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all center standards. Create fun and interactive learning experiences. Are caring, compassionate and love what they do! Need to be able to carry out daily lesson plans, and lead both small and large group activities. Able to prepare and serve snack and meals. Willing to clean up after snack, meals, and the center daily. Cleaning will include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and well as detailed bathroom cleaning. Must be a team player! Must want to work with children aged 2 to 12 years old and love doing so. Must be flexible and able to work summer and during schedule school closings. Pay is variable based on education and experience. Hours will vary from 10 to 25 hours based on the centers needs. More hours available during the summer and into the next school year. Any questions and interest should contact Salena at the center 989-348-7709. All interested applicants must provide resume and references. They can dropped off at the center at 6989 Old Lake Rd, Grayling or be mailed to CADC, Attn. Salena Laskowski, PO Box 66, Grayling Mi 49738.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – currently seeking a new Assistant Director. This position is around 20 hours per week. Hours are mainly Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am – 3pm. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the operation of the Food Pantry which includes supervising pantry volunteers. Annual salary will be $10,000. A full job description and application can be picked up at the Food Pantry Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 11am-3pm or by contacting the Food Pantry at 989-348-6046.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY VOICE – Seeking a Freelance Writer to cover features in Grayling and Frederic. For information email a resume and writing samples to theresa@UpNorthVoice.com.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Full-Time Experienced Cooks. Apply within.
- EAGLE RADIO 101.5 – Eagle 101.5 is expanding it’s sales team to include an individual dedicated to serving Grayling and the surrounding area. Perhaps you’re someone interested in an opportunity that puts you front and center in the community; creating ideas and providing solutions to local business owners. If you’ve got the personality, persistence and desire to be someone impactful in the community, then we’d like to speak with you. Take the first step and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- FLOWERS BY JOSIE/THANKS A LATTE – Thanks a latte is looking for a Barista to work 12 to 17 hours a week some experience preferred drop off resumes at Thanks A Latte in person.
- GRAYLING HOSPITAL FOR ANIMALS – Client Relationship Specialist – Two dynamic AAHA hospitals, sharing 4 doctors, are seeking a committed, positive individual with exceptional people skills to join our desk team. The position is full time. We are looking for individuals seeking long term employment. Experience in customer service is a plus. If you are interested in joining our team, please bring your resume and your smile, to either the Grayling Hospital for Animals, at 5806 W. M-72, Grayling, Mi., or the Roscommon Veterinary Clinic at 116 Lake Street, Roscommon, Mi, and fill out an application.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT – Come Join Our Team! Grayling Restaurant is now looking for the right person to fill a part-time line cook position in our busy diner. Summer dishwasher/busser positions are also being filled. Stop in to fill out an application.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used, Service Automotive Technician, and Service Adviser. Apply within.
- MCLEAN’S ACE HARDWARE – Sales Associate’s & More! Full-time. A lot of our summer help will be going back to school soon so we are looking for help at the store for fall and winter. If interested in a job with us or know someone who is please stop in at the checkout and ask for an application. All positions will be opening up for full and part time.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – has new professional positions available, banking or lending experience is helpful. Full time with benefits. Click for more information
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING –
- Resident Care Specialist (flexible part-time) – Provides care for residents, such as assistance with toileting, transferring, bathing, feeding, etc. Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks and kitchen tasks as assigned. Administers medical treatments and prescribed/over-the-counter medications, as ordered by a physician. Medications and treatments are administered according to company policies and procedures. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality care according to individualized care plans.
- Part-time Cook – 12 hour shift / 7am-7pm. Apply within at 130 Mary Ann Street, Grayling MI 49738. 989-344-2010.
- RALPH A. MACMULLAN CONFERENCE CENTER
- Part-time Seasonal Kitchen Help – The RAM Center is seeking Seasonal Kitchen Help from the end of May to the end of August. Duties include setting & bussing tables, washing dishes, preparing & serving food, cleaning kitchen & dining rooms, assisting cooks, and other duties as needed. Excellent customer service skills and experience in food service desired. Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Part-time Seasonal Housekeeper – The RAM Center is looking for Seasonal Housekeepers from the end of May until the end of August. Duties include guest room and bathroom cleaning, and other housekeeping support duties to help keep the busy season operational. Excellent customer service skills required. Pre-employment drug testing required.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – House Advocate (full-time). The House Advocate is responsible for coverage of River House Shelter and Crisis Line. Coverage of the shelter consists of assisting the residents in meeting their emotional and physical needs, answering the crisis line, text line and emails. Conducting intake interviews, maintaining shelter safety, overseeing housekeeping and light physical maintenance of the inside of the shelter, and providing emergency on-call assistance and crisis intervention services. Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and planning skills. Ability to relate to individuals in crisis. Must be able to relate easily to people and show empathy for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Has working knowledge of computers. All employees must have current MI driver’s license and car insurance. Skills, Talents and Abilities: Knowledge of the dynamics of trauma and an understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, and victim’s response, de-escalation, crisis management and empathy skills helpful. Understanding of domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking. Must have the ability to work effectively with community members, and within a team environment. CPR and First Aid Certification helpful. For complete job description, visit our website at www.riverhouseinc.org. Please send Resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks – $13-15/hour. Apply within.
- STATE FARM INSURANCE-JEFF HALSTEAD – We’re hiring! Looking to advance your current career, or perhaps a change is needed? Our office is currently looking for a sales/service person, preferably already insurance licensed but if not must be able to pass state exam to become licensed. For more info contact Jeff at email@example.com.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER – If you are self motivated, quick learner and creative, this job is for you. Looking for graphic artist that has experience in the Adobe CS. Also, must have customer service experience. Must be able to multi-task. Busy Print, Sign & Screen Printing Shop. Part time/Full time in summer. Please email resume and any artwork digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-in interviews.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- AUSABLE VALLEY ANIMAL SHELTER – We’re looking for a volunteer or two to do some weed-whipping and some minor gardening work at the shelter this summer.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – What is your Superpower (Volunteer Opportunities)?
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- HARTWICK PINES STATE PARK – Volunteer Campground Hosts wanted! While our host position has been filled for the season at Hartwick Pines State Park, we are looking to fill positions in our rustic State Campgrounds. Locations within our unit include: Lake Margrethe, Shupac Lake, Upper Manistee River, and Goose Creek Equestrian. These locations are rustic; no hook ups or modern restrooms. For more information, applications and to view a list of positions available throughout the state visit: www.michigan.gov/dnr, select camping, special programs.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.