Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWNCARE – We are looking to add employees through the fall and possibly the winter. Work starts immediately. Experience in mowing, landscaping and sprinklers preferred but always willing to train the right individuals. Valid drivers license and drug free is required. Please email Support@aplc.us or text/call 989-390-5880.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- AUSABLE VALLEY ANIMAL SHELTER – We’re looking for a volunteer or two to do some weed-whipping and some minor gardening work at the shelter this summer.
- CAMP GRAYLING JOINT MANEUVER TRAINING CENTER – Temporary JOBS available at Camp Grayling! Interviews begin June 23rd & Work starts June 24th – July 26th! Over 110 job openings! We are looking for motivated, hard working people to support a pre-deployment National Guard Training Exercise at Camp Grayling, MI! Camp Grayling Job Openings – APPLY TODAY!
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking a new Director. This position is around 20 hours per week. Hours are mainly Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am – 3pm. The Director is responsible for the operation of the Food Pantry which includes supervising the Assistant Director and pantry volunteers. Annual salary will be $10,000-$12,000 and negotiated based on experience. A full job description and application can be picked up at the Food Pantry Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 11am-3pm or by contacting the Food Pantry at 989-348-6046.
Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- CRAWFORD COUNTY VOICE – Seeking a Freelance Writer to cover features in Grayling and Frederic. For information email a resume and writing samples to theresa@UpNorthVoice.com.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Full-Time Experienced Cooks. Apply within.
- EAGLE RADIO 101.5 – Eagle 101.5 is expanding it’s sales team to include an individual dedicated to serving Grayling and the surrounding area. Perhaps you’re someone interested in an opportunity that puts you front and center in the community; creating ideas and providing solutions to local business owners. If you’ve got the personality, persistence and desire to be someone impactful in the community, then we’d like to speak with you. Take the first step and send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- GRAYLING COUNTRY CLUB – The Grayling Country Club is accepting applications for bartenders for the 2018 golf season. We are seeking dedicated team players that are detail-oriented and enjoy working with our guests. Please download employment application at graylingcountryclub.com.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT – Come Join Our Team! Grayling Restaurant is now looking for the right person to fill a part-time line cook position in our busy diner. Summer dishwasher/busser positions are also being filled. Stop in to fill out an application.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used, Service Automotive Technician, and Service Adviser. Apply within.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – has new professional positions available, banking or lending experience is helpful. Full time with benefits. Click for more information
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING –
- Resident Care Specialist (flexible part-time) – Provides care for residents, such as assistance with toileting, transferring, bathing, feeding, etc. Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks and kitchen tasks as assigned. Administers medical treatments and prescribed/over-the-counter medications, as ordered by a physician. Medications and treatments are administered according to company policies and procedures. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality care according to individualized care plans.
- Part-time Cook – 12 hour shift / 7am-7pm. Apply within at 130 Mary Ann Street, Grayling MI 49738. 989-344-2010.
- RALPH A. MACMULLAN CONFERENCE CENTER
- Part-time Seasonal Kitchen Help – The RAM Center is seeking Seasonal Kitchen Help from the end of May to the end of August. Duties include setting & bussing tables, washing dishes, preparing & serving food, cleaning kitchen & dining rooms, assisting cooks, and other duties as needed. Excellent customer service skills and experience in food service desired. Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Part-time Seasonal Housekeeper – The RAM Center is looking for Seasonal Housekeepers from the end of May until the end of August. Duties include guest room and bathroom cleaning, and other housekeeping support duties to help keep the busy season operational. Excellent customer service skills required. Pre-employment drug testing required.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks. Apply within.
- YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK CAMP RESORT – Jellystone Park™ Grayling, Michigan is looking for Seasonal Employees for the Spring/Summer of 2018 in various positions! Positions include: Housekeeping, and Grounds/Maintenance. Interested in a position? Please fill out an application and/or send us a resume! Jellystone Park Grayling, c/o Employment, 370 West 4 Mile Road, Grayling, Michigan 49738. Questions? Please call 989-348-2157 or email email@example.com.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- HARTWICK PINES STATE PARK – Volunteer Campground Hosts wanted! While our host position has been filled for the season at Hartwick Pines State Park, we are looking to fill positions in our rustic State Campgrounds. Locations within our unit include: Lake Margrethe, Shupac Lake, Upper Manistee River, and Goose Creek Equestrian. These locations are rustic; no hook ups or modern restrooms. For more information, applications and to view a list of positions available throughout the state visit: www.michigan.gov/dnr, select camping, special programs.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
- Volunteer Stock Person – The Crawford County Commission on Aging is looking for a Volunteer Stock person to help with putting away food deliveries. This person would need to be available Monday and Thursday starting around 10:30am for approximately 2 hours and be able to lift up to 45 lbs. A criminal background check is required. If you are interested, please contact Alice Snyder at 989-348-7123.
- Meals on Wheels Drivers – Volunteers needed to deliver meals one day each week on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Mileage reimbursement is available. If you are a licensed driver, can pass a criminal background check and have a friendly smile you qualify. If interested in volunteering please contact Melanie Conway at the Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center at 989-348-7123.
- Kitchen Helpers – The Crawford County Commission on Aging is in desperate need of volunteers to help in the Senior Center kitchen doing dishes, packing and serving meals, and making sandwiches. A criminal background check is required. If you are interested, please contact Alice Snyder at 989-348-7123.
- Community Dinner Volunteer Help & Desserts Needed – Monday Night Community Dinners at Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church are looking for desserts. Desserts must serve 160 and be prepared at the church. If you are willing to help out, please contact Linda Harrison at (989) 344-7460. Pastor Rich is also asking for extra volunteers for the community dinners. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Pastor Rich at (989) 348-2974.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.