Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWN CARE, LLC is seeking a Lawn Care Crew Leader – Lawn Care, Landscaping. Will train to operate small engine equipment. Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license and reliable transportation to work. Must be at least 18 years of age to use commercial equipment. Full Time, Temporary. Day Shift, Monday-Friday. $11-15 per hour. Please contact Jenna at 989-390-9034 or Office@aplc.us to schedule an interview.
- AJD FOREST PRODUCTS is hiring multiple positions. General Labor, Sawyers, Lumber Graders and Heavy Equipment Operators. We have Open Interviews Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm. If later times are needed please call 989-348-5412 ext. 126 to make arrangements.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available.
- AUSABLE ARTISAN VILLAGE is looking for a Part-time Assistant to join their team!. The assistant should have affinity for artists, the arts, the ability to work in a community minded, sometimes fast-paced environment, and be able to provide a welcoming experience for visitors and guests. This position requires attention to detail, organization, diplomacy and willingness to learn Grayling & gallery history, to support the non-profit objectives and goals as created by the executive director and the board of directors. The assistant is expected to plan, communicate and act independently and collaboratively, as projects and assigned tasks require to accomplish organizational outcomes. Apply via Facebook job posting.
- AUSABLE VALLEY ANIMAL SHELTER is seeking a Shelter Technician. Do you know of anyone who loves cats and dogs and would like to make a difference in the lives of the animals at the AuSable Valley Animal Shelter? We have a full-time job available! Click below for more details. Phone calls, emails and posts asking questions about the job must go through Michigan Works. Applications can also be filled out online.
- COMFORT CENTER FURNITURE is now hiring Delivery Drivers. Full-time (40 hours), cost sharing health benefits, matching 401k, no CDL required. Inquire in person or by calling 989-348-2961.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL is looking to hire a new Lead Preschool Teacher. Are you currently looking for a new, easy going, fun learning environment to teach 3 and 4 years old? Do you enjoy interacting with children and helping them learn through play? Are you caring, compassionate and love what they do? Do you want the freedom to create and implement your own daily lesson plans, and lead both small and large group activities? To Apply, please send resume and letter of interest to Salena Laskowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT has multiple job positions available. Visit www.casdk12.net/district/job-postings/ for more information. The Crawford AuSable School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Substitutes Needed in multiple areas. CASD needs substitute custodians, paraprofessionals, food service workers, and teachers**. Interested applicants can complete the application through EDUStaff Services online at Edustaff.org. INCENTIVE EXTENDED: Applicants who complete the registration process by November 1 are eligible for reimbursement of fingerprinting costs*. This incentive is available for NEW substitutes only.
Bus Driver positions. Daily route available. Minimum of 5 hours daily and up to 40 hours available weekly with labor pool/trip hours. Medical/RX, Life, LTD, and PTO are available for routed drivers. Part-time/subbing opportunities are available as well. Help with routes and or trip needs for teams or class field trips.Training provided. Visit www.casdk12.net and click on “Job Opportunities” for more information and how to apply.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER is seeking applications for the following positions: Homemaker, In-Home Services Manager, Nutrition Manager, & Receptionist (Part-Time). Visit www.crawfordcoa.org/employment for more details and to download an Employment Application.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. is seeking Cooks and Dishwashers. Experience preferred but willing to train dedicated, reliable individuals. Apply within today!
- DUBOIS LUMBER & RENTAL CENTER is seeking Part-time and Full-time Cashiers. Part-time 20-30 hours/week. Previous experience preferred. Apply in person at store.
- FLOWERS BY JOSIE is seeking a Part-Time Designer. Willing to train, experience is a plus. Deliver resume to Tip’n the Mitten/Flowers By Josie.
- GATES AUSABLE LODGE/RESTAURANT AT GATES LODGE is hiring all positions – Cooks, Servers, Dishwashers and Housekeeping. We offer employee discounts, competitive wages- work on the river! Anyone 15 years or older may apply. Please stop by the lodge for an on the spot interview or to fill out an application.
- GOODALE’S BAKERY is seeking a Bakery Clerk/Baker’s Helper. Customer service, making sandwiches, selling donuts. Helping chop cinnamon bread, wrapping product. MUST APPLY IN PERSON. MATH TEST REQUIRED.
- GRAYLING EAGLES CLUB is looking for Bartenders. Please contact Alan at 989-808-5100 or Doug at 989-390-2090 for details.
- GRAYLING REGIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, a not-for-profit organization, is seeking resumes for Office Assistant/Event Staff. This position alternates between part-time August-December (30 hours/week M-F 9am-3pm and full-time January-July (40 hours/week M-F 9am-5pm) with varying additional hours for events and meetings. Benefits not included. Please submit resumes in person during office hours M-F 9am-3pm by November 8th to 213 N. James Street/City Park, Grayling.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT is now hiring Full and Part Time Cooks. We are a busy diner serving breakfast and lunch from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM everyday. Flexible scheduling and competitive wages. Must be available weekends and holidays. Please call 989-348-2141 to speak with Bridget or Jamey or stop in to schedule an interview.
- GRAYLING VISITOR’S BUREAU is seeking applicants for a new Director. The Director is responsible for promoting the Grayling area as a desirable tourism and special events destination. Part time, very flexible hours, working from home a possibility – willingness to work the hours needed to complete the responsibilities of the position to include periodic out of town meetings and trade shows. Ideally experienced in marketing, hospitality or a closely related field and any combination of training, education and experience which provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities. A knowledge of the area is a plus. Ability to write and communicate at a very high level. To apply for this position send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
- HORIZON BANK is hiring a Full-time Teller at the Grayling branch. A Teller provides customers with proficient and accurate transaction processing. Maintains a strong customer focus to strengthen relationships to retain present customers and develop new business by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. Tellers preferably have more than 1 year of experience in payment processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented environment.
- HURON PINES is seeking a Community Education Project Manager. This position will be responsible for identifying strategies, developing programming and overseeing all logistics related to place-based education programming – with an emphasis on adult learning opportunities – to advance conservation efforts in Northern Michigan. This work will be driven by internal coordination with Huron Pines program staff and externally with community partners to proactively link natural resource protection and stewardship to long-term community health. This position will also be responsible for volunteer coordination in order to mobilize more people and partners to actively participate in stewardship of natural resources in Northern Michigan. In addition, Huron Pines is now accepting applications for the 2022 service year. A total of 22 positions are available at 14 host sites across Michigan. Find out more, see position descriptions and apply at huronpines.org/americorps.
- MICHIGAN BREW – We’re hiring baristas, bartenders, kitchen and support staff! Are you looking for the next great challenge? Do you want to be a part of creative team that promotes inclusivity and a welcoming environment? If you’re service-oriented, creative and hard-working, we might just have the job for you. Take a look at our open positions on our website at mibrewgrayling.com/careers You can apply online, on Facebook, or stop in the venue. You can also send us your resume and a brief statement of interest. Be sure to include your name and ‘MI Brew Applicant’ in the subject of the email. Please send your materials and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to the opportunity to meet you!
- MSU-EXTENSION is seeking a new Health Educator. This position will be housed in either Otsego or Cheboygan County.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION (NCACU) is seeking an experienced mortgage originator with knowledge of the complete mortgage process as well as previous experience in origination. Job Details.
- NORTH COUNTRY CORNER is seeking applicants to fill two (2) Store Clerk positions. Must be available 3-4 days/week (including weekend availability). Stop in during weekday store hours Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm to apply.
- NORTHSTAR AUTO WASH is immediately hiring Team Members. WEEKDAY AVAILABILITY A MUST. $13-16/hour range. Email interest to Northstar_aw@yahoo.com. Stay 90 days – Show up – on time – Every shift, and we will pay you a $500 bonus.
- RAY’S BBQ, BREWS & BLUES is hiring Line Cooks, Servers, Hosts & Bussers! Great pay and NO LATE NIGHTS. Pay rate is dependent on experience. Show us your stuff and you’ll climb the ladder here in no time.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC. is hiring a part-time House Advocate. You will provide coverage for the shelter and assist clients in meeting their needs. The advocate will facilitate house meetings, answer calls, do general cleaning and have a working knowledge of computers. Requirements include High School diploma or equivalent. Effective verbal and written communication skills. In addition, excellent organizational and planning skills. We are looking for empowered individuals who want to make a difference in our world one step at a time. At River House, Inc. we provide a safe space, empower, educate and connect women to community resources. If you want to join our team, please contact email@example.com for an application, apply online at River House Facebook page, or call Human Resources at 989-348-3169.
- ROWE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY is seeking entry level and experienced Survey Field Technicians to join our growing team in our Grayling office. Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for topographic data collection, boundary surveys, construction staking and MDOT and utility route surveying. Maintain equipment and survey vehicle. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must be willing to work in the field in all weather conditions and physical environments. ROWE offers a very competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO program; paid holidays; flextime; 401(k) with company match and much more. Please send resume to Employment@rowepsc.com.
- SNO-TRAC VILLAGE (RON’S UPHOLSTERY) – Full or Part-time Upholsterer needed. Experienced or willing to learn the trade. Located at Sno-Trac Village (7 Miles south of Lovells). Call 989-348-9494 or stop in for an interview (ask for Ron).
- SPIKE’S KEG ‘O’ NAILS is currently seeking cooks and servers (must be 18 years of age) and dishwashers and hosts (must be at least 16 years of age). Apply in person.
- SPRINGS WINDOW FASHIONS is currently seeking Full-Time Assemblers/Operators. We are one of the largest manufacturers of window blinds in the world. In Grayling, we are a small part of that billion -dollar company that produces all kinds of window blinds with facilities across the US, Canada, China, Mexico and Europe. In Grayling, we make more wooden window blinds than anyone else in the world. We train on the job and offer some pretty good benefits: BCBS (3 different plans + Flores Flex Spending), Delta Dental, Delta Optical, We match 5% on 401K, Profit Sharing, 2 Weeks Vacation (prorated depending on hire date), Bonus Time, $50,000 life insurance, Advancement, Tuition reimbursement (75% – 100% depending on the degree), $500.00 Referral bonus plan, Safe work environment. We normally work four ten hour shifts. However, recently we have been working five days due to increased demand. So a 4/10 is never a guarantee. Watch this YouTube video to give you an idea of what we do at Springs. Employees should be able to lift 50 lbs. (most jobs are less) and stand for the day. Normal bending, twisting, and lifting are required. If you or someone you know is looking for work, please contact John Metts, Human Resource Manager at 989-348-2871, Ext. 14 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a minimum of a high school diploma/GED and they should be able to pass a drug test and a background check.
- TELEPHONE SUPPORT SYSTEMS & ALPINE PROFESSIONAL ANSWERING SERVICES, a Gaylord area answering/dispatching service is looking at add a new Receptionist/Dispatcher to their team. Starting pay rate is based on experience and knowledge of basic secretarial duties. 16-24 hours/week – weekends and weekday afternoons. This is an entry level position, Could lead to more hours in the future. ** This is NOT a work from home job** Apply online.
- THE BROOK RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES:
- We have an exceptional opportunity for an Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Manager with the opportunity to grow professionally. This is a supportive role to the Accountant and to the CEO with focus on payroll, expense management, assisting with AP’s, personnel file oversight, and general office duties. Job duties: Accounting and administrative support, Data collection and reporting, Development of various operations reports eg. census, staffing budget, meal data, etc., Maintain and update forms, policies and procedures, etc., Identify/resolve administrative challenges, inquiries, opportunities, etc., Maintain and update order guides for food and supplies. Qualifications: Must have an ASSOCIATES DEGREE in BUSINESS or related field. (no other degrees will be considered), Must have experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office programs, Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, Technically inclined, Problem solving, data analysis and critical thinking skills, Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced setting, Able to travel within Michigan. Benefits: Health Insurance, PTO, SIMPLE IRA, Travel Reimbursement. $30,000-$34,000 per year depending on experience.
- BE A HERO! JOIN OUR TEAM! The Brook of Grayling has a rewarding career opportunity for you as a Housekeeper. Because ‘Hero’ is not a job title. Responsibilities: Sweep, Scrub and Mop Floor, Vacuum Carpets & Rugs, Dust and Polish Furniture, Empty & Clean Garbage Containers, Dispose of Garbage in Sanitary Manner, Clean Glass Surfaces, Make Beds & Change Linens, Clean Mirrors, Toilets and Showers, Clean Metal Fixtures and Fittings. Qualifications: Compassionate, Dependable, Desire to Work With Seniors, Experience Preferred, Able to Work Independently, Willing to Be Part Of A Team, Able to Communicate Effectively, Must Be Able to Pass a Criminal Background Check. Available Shifts: Monday thru Friday, 20-22 Hours per Week. Benefits: Employee Bonus Programs, Aflac, Simple IRA, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedule, Eligible for College Courses. This description indicates the general nature of the position. It is not intended to fully describe the position duties. EOE $12 Hourly. You may apply at BrookRetirement.com/careers.
- THE MEDICINE SHOPPE in Grayling has two openings for Delivery Drivers! One position is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the other is Thursday and Friday, usually 1-3 hours per shift, depending on the day and amount of deliveries requested. Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record. Please call 989-348-2000 for more information.
- TINKER’S JUNCTION is accepting applications for Bartender & Servers. Apply in person starting April 6th. Must be 18 years of age (College students okay).
- TIP’N THE MITTEN is seeking resumes for Sales Associates/Customer Relations – Anyone can learn coffee and running the register, but only FEW can bring the charm….are you it? Duties include getting to know our customers and our products, ice cream scooping, cash register, stocking shelves, coffee/espresso, cleaning, phones, etc. Must be 16 years of age. Drop off resumes in person to Tip’n the Mitten.
- WEEKLY CHOICE has multiple positions available: Sales Positions open in Grayling and West Branch area. Independent contractor position earns 20% commission. If you are self motivated to get moving and get in front of local businesses you can make a ton of money. Most of our salespeople work from home and service the businesses close to home. Businesses love the results they get from advertising in the Michigan MoneySaver, Weekly Choice, Charlevoix County News and our 13 weekly papers. Our family owned business if based in Gaylord, Michigan but we distribute our weekly papers in 100 towns in 19 counties in Northern Michigan. I need great salespeople in various areas in Northern Michigan. Send your resume to Dave Baragrey 1 at Office@WeeklyChoice.com. Newspaper Weekend Delivery – 2 ROUTES OPEN (Walk Route and Motor Route). We have an immediate opening in this area. Home Delivery is primarily on Saturday or Sunday before Noon. Nice extra income for a few hours of work. You will need dependable transportation and weekends free. Email Office@WeeklyChoice.com or call or text Dave Baragrey at 989-350-9235. Advertisers Postal Service. Feature Story Writer – Grayling – The Weekly Choice is looking for a writer in this area. Experienced writer and photographer a plus. Must have digital camera and computer. Email info and samples to Dave at Office@WeeklyChoice.com.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA is looking for one Full-time and one or two Part-time Visitor Store Keepers/Clerks (paid positions) and volunteers. The clerk position starts May 17th – October 31. The position involves greeting customers, collection of admission charges, operating a cash register, answering the phone, taking messages, keeping the store tidy, cleaning, stocking shelves with merchandise. Other jobs may also be assigned based on need. Looking for someone who is outgoing and friendly, likes working with people, dependable and is able to count money back to customers. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public of rural Michigan farming in the 1930’s. We provide school trips for local schools, host weddings and special events and are an asset to our community. We wish to provide the best experience possible to our visitors. This requires a great deal of help. Please consider donating one or two days a month. We are seasonal, open mid May – October 31. Perfect for those who do not like to drive in the winter months. We welcome Senior Citizens and Students needing a summer job.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER is currently seeking Graphic Designer/Counter Help. Must have knowledge of Adobe Suite software. A great intern position. Customer Service and Positive Attitude a must. Part/Full time Monday thru Friday. Will pay for experience. If you are hardworking, creative, a team player and responsible please apply. To apply, send resume and artwork to email@example.com or drop off at Xpress Copy Center, 127 E. Michigan Ave., Grayling, MI 49738. No phone calls please.
JOB POSTING RESOURCES
Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Volunteer Opportunities
- CRAWFORD PARTNERSHIP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION (CPSAP) is working on developing a “Families Against Narcotics” (FAN) Chapter in Crawford County. There are currently 22 Chapters in Michigan. More information about the program can be found at familiesagainstnarcotics.org and on Facebook. If you are interested in helping or getting involved in this program, contact Lynda Rutkowski via email.
- GRAYLING EAGLES #3465 is looking for Volunteer Bartenders for the night shifts. If you or anyone you know may be interested, please stop in and let us know. There are different nights open, whether it be an every other week that you would like or the same night each week. Stop in for the nights and more information.
- RIVER HOUSE is now taking applications for new volunteers. We are looking for Volunteers for the Shelter (direct services), Resale Store (sorting, pricing, displaying merchandise), and General Maintenance Handyman to do our “honey do list”. Applications can be picked up at the Shelter M-F 8am-4pm or email to email@example.com and the application can be sent by email.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – We are looking for Volunteer Crafters – Blacksmith, Weavers, Loom Operators, Saw mill, Grist mill, Quilters, Bakers, as well as Tour guides, Gardner Floral and produce, Animal care, Shuttle drivers, Lawn care and maintenance, and Concession Stand. We are open Spring Hours: May 21-June 19, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm / Summer Hours: Monday and Tuesday by appointment only, Thursday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm / Fall Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. There are occasional evening hours for special events and concerts. If you have a craft that you would like to represent, please let us know. We currently have a building available. Please contact Patricia Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday May 15th, 2021 to be considered.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and you receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.