Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- AUSABLE MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY – Seeking Martial Arts Academy Instructors. We are searching for the right trainers certified in martial arts, boxing, yoga, and fitness program, that will provide excellent service to those living within the Grayling community and surrounding areas. If you are interested in starting or expanding your services, contact us at 207-562-2017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Experienced Line Cooks. Apply within.
- GREAT LAKES ENERGY – Seeking a Senior Systems and Network Administrator (Great Lakes Energy, Boyne City, MI). Serving northern and western Michigan for more than 80 years, Great Lakes Energy is known for exceptional service, competitive wages, and comprehensive employee benefits. Consider joining our motivated community of employees to administer and maintain our technology systems, communications network, and equipment solutions. If you are passionate about providing support and have an established background in a broad range of computing technologies, enterprise network management, application of technology solutions, and excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills, apply with Great Lakes Energy today. Visit https://gtlakes.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to review the full job description and apply. Great Lakes Energy is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used and Service Automotive Technician. Apply within.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – Visit our website for complete job descriptions for the current positions available below. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com:
- Youth Advocate – Responsible for organizing and implementing special activities for children and their parent(s) residentially and non-residentially which promotes good mental and physical health to child/youth victims of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking in the River House four county service area. Attend and facilitate group meetings and presentations in the community.
- Casual House Advocate – Responsible for coverage of River House and crisis line. Coverage of the shelter consists of assisting the residents in meeting their emotional and physical needs, answering the crisis line, text line and email. Conducting intake and exit interviews, maintaining shelter safety, and overseeing housekeeping and light physical maintenance of the inside of the shelter. Additional responsibilities include assisting in new staff and volunteer training, serve on and attend subcommittee meeting and assistance with maintaining donations in the depot.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks – $13-15/hour. Apply within.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate! Work Based Learning Brochure
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – What is your Superpower (Volunteer Opportunities)?
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – seeking volunteers to help run multiple facets of the park throughout the season such as crafters, wood carver, corn husk doll maker, rock polisher, potter, wood worker, blacksmith, or any other person who wants to seriously work their craft for the season. We are also in need of interpreters, store clerks, shuttle drivers, mechanics, carpenters and general maintenance people. We are also looking for someone to take the ServSafe class and run our concession. Call 989-348-5187 or email to find out more!
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.