Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWNCARE – We are looking to add employees through the fall and possibly the winter. Work starts immediately. Experience in mowing, landscaping and sprinklers preferred but always willing to train the right individuals. Valid drivers license and drug free is required. Please email Support@aplc.us or text/call 989-390-5880.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL – Looking to hire 1 part time qualified Lead Teacher. Must have valid CDA, Associates in Child Development or 90 clock hours with 4,000 hours of experience. Must have CPR and First Aide, Blood Borne Certificate and current TB Test, or willing to obtain. Will need to pass a Comprehensive Background Check and be Finger Printed. Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all center standards. Create fun and interactive learning experiences. Are caring, compassionate and love what they do! Need to be able to carry out daily lesson plans, and lead both small and large group activities. Able to prepare and serve snack and meals. Willing to clean up after snack, meals, and the center daily. Cleaning will include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and well as detailed bathroom cleaning. Must be a team player! Must want to work with children aged 2 to 12 years old and love doing so. Must be flexible and able to work summer and during schedule school closings. Pay is variable based on education and experience. Hours will vary from 10 to 25 hours based on the centers needs. More hours available during the summer and into the next school year. Any questions and interest should contact Salena at the center 989-348-7709. All interested applicants must provide resume and references. They can dropped off at the center at 6989 Old Lake Rd, Grayling or be mailed to CADC, Attn. Salena Laskowski, PO Box 66, Grayling Mi 49738.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Experienced Line Cooks. Apply within.
- FEENY FORD OF GRAYLING – Currently in the need of a receptionist / sales assistant. Need to be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi task. Job duties 1. Answer Phones 2. Greet Customers cheerfully 3. Take photos of vehicles 4. Filing / Light cleaning 5. Computer skills are required This is a full time position. We have insurance, vacation and 401k. Please contact Shawn at 989-348-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your confidential interview.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- HURON PINES – Service Term Opportunity for college graduates 2019-Please share with your networks! We are now accepting applications for Huron Pines AmeriCorps positions! If you are interested in conservation, want to make a difference, and develop your professional skills, consider joining the Huron Pines AmeriCorps team. The service term starts May 13, 2019 and ends November 15, 2019. See more details and APPLY by March 29, 2019 at https://huronpines.org/americorps/.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used and Service Automotive Technician. Apply within.
- RALPH A. MACMULLAN CONFERENCE CENTER – seeking quality individuals to fill part- time kitchen help positions. Duties include setting & bussing tables, washing dishes, preparing & serving food, organization and cleaning of storage areas, cleaning kitchen & dining rooms and assisting cooks. Applicable experience desired. Excellent customer service skills required. Pay range is $9.25/hour. Pre-Employment Drug Testing Required. Applications are available at the Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center. 989-821-6200.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – Visit our website for complete job descriptions for the current positions available below. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com:
- Youth Advocate – Responsible for organizing and implementing special activities for children and their parent(s) residentially and non-residentially which promotes good mental and physical health to child/youth victims of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking in the River House four county service area. Attend and facilitate group meetings and presentations in the community.
- Casual House Advocate – Responsible for coverage of River House and crisis line. Coverage of the shelter consists of assisting the residents in meeting their emotional and physical needs, answering the crisis line, text line and email. Conducting intake and exit interviews, maintaining shelter safety, and overseeing housekeeping and light physical maintenance of the inside of the shelter. Additional responsibilities include assisting in new staff and volunteer training, serve on and attend subcommittee meeting and assistance with maintaining donations in the depot.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks – $13-15/hour. Apply within.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Grayling High School Assistant Principal Jeff Branch at or 989-344-3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- VILLAGE DIGITIAL PRODUCTIONS – Videographer Internship Position (now plus Spring & Summer 2019) – Requirements: Strong interest in videography or photography, available part time now and travel time June through August, a drone operator or drone interest is a plus, camera or drone ownership not required. Work experience to include: technical use of cameras and equipment, pre-production planning, scene set-up and scheduling, location scouting and filming in Michigan, day trips in northwest lower peninsula*, overnight trips on the road in the U.P. (trips can be two to four days*), technical and creative film editing, and post production work. This is a Career Path Internship. Compensation: Work experience & Travel. *Day and overnight trips are usually scheduled on forecasted bright or sunny days. Being weather dependent, filming trips tend to be last minute planned activities. Weekend and weekday trips are expected to be part of the filming plans. Filming trip costs and meals are covered by VDP. Contact: Ronald Mavis — 989-348-9494. Internship FAQ’s / Internship Outline
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – What is your Superpower (Volunteer Opportunities)?
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.