Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWN CARE, LLC is seeking a Lawn Care Crew Leader – Lawn Care, Landscaping. Will train to operate small engine equipment. Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license and reliable transportation to work. Must be at least 18 years of age to use commercial equipment. Full Time, Temporary. Day Shift, Monday-Friday. $11-15 per hour. Please contact Jenna at 989-390-9034 to schedule an interview.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL is looking to hire 1 part time qualified Lead Child Care Teacher. Must have valid CDA, Associates in Child Development or 180 clock hours with 4,000 hours of experience in a child care type setting. Must have CPR and First Aide, Blood Borne Certificate and current TB Test, or willing to obtain. Will need to pass a Comprehensive Background Check and be Finger Printed. Pay will be based on qualifications. Any questions and interest should contact Salena at the center 989-348-7709. All interested applicants must provide resume and references. They can dropped off at the center at 850 Airport Rd, Grayling or be mailed to CADC, Attn. Salena Laskowski, PO Box 66, Grayling Mi 49738.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER is seeking applications for the following positions: Nutrition Manager, On-Call Cook, Part Time Homemaker, and On-Call Homemaker.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. is seeking Line Cooks. Experience preferred but willing to train dedicated, reliable individuals. Apply within today!
- GOODALE’S BAKERY is looking for new sales clerks. We have three part-time spots currently open. Good people skills and basic math required. Apply in person.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION (NCACU) is seeking an experienced mortgage originator with knowledge of the complete mortgage process as well as previous experience in origination. Job Details.
- RAMADA BY WYNDHAM GRAYLING HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER is seeking Front Desk Clerks. Phone skills, multi tasking. This job requires high levels of the above items. We are a busy facility in the summer and are looking to add wonderful team members.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC. currently has TWO full-time and TWO part-time House Advocate positions available.
- ROWE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY is seeking entry level and experienced Survey Field Technicians to join our growing team in our Grayling office. Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for topographic data collection, boundary surveys, construction staking and MDOT and utility route surveying. Maintain equipment and survey vehicle. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must be willing to work in the field in all weather conditions and physical environments. ROWE offers a very competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO program; paid holidays; flextime; 401(k) with company match and much more. Please send resume to Employment@rowepsc.com.
- SPIKE’S KEG ‘O’ NAILS is currently seeking cooks and servers (must be 18 years of age) and dishwashers and hosts (must be at least 16 years of age). Apply in person.
- THE BROOK RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES – Good Living Kitchens at The Brook of Grayling has an excellent opportunity for part-time employment as a Kitchen Aide. You may apply on our website: Brook Retirement.com/Careers.
- TINKER’S JUNCTION is hiring cooks to join our team. Year-round job, nights, weekends and holidays a must. Apply in person.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER is currently seeking Graphic Designer/Counter Help. Must have knowledge of Adobe Suite software. A great intern position. Customer Service and Positive Attitude a must. Part/Full time Monday thru Friday. Will pay for experience. If you are hardworking, creative, a team player and responsible please apply. To apply, send resume and artwork to email@example.com or drop off at Xpress Copy Center, 127 E. Michigan Ave., Grayling, MI 49738. No phone calls please.
JOB POSTING RESOURCES
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate! Work Based Learning Brochure
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Volunteer Opportunities
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- CRAWFORD PARTNERSHIP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION (CPSAP) is working on developing a “Families Against Narcotics” (FAN) Chapter in Crawford County. There are currently 22 Chapters in Michigan. More information about the program can be found at familiesagainstnarcotics.org and on Facebook. If you are interested in helping or getting involved in this program, contact Lynda Rutkowski via email.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – seeking volunteers to help run multiple facets of the park throughout the season such as crafters, wood carver, corn husk doll maker, rock polisher, potter, wood worker, blacksmith, or any other person who wants to seriously work their craft for the season. We are also in need of interpreters, store clerks, shuttle drivers, mechanics, carpenters and general maintenance people. We are also looking for someone to take the ServSafe class and run our concession. Call 989-348-5187 or email to find out more!
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and you receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.