Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWN CARE, LLC is seeking a Lawn Care Crew Leader – Lawn Care, Landscaping. Will train to operate small engine equipment. Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license and reliable transportation to work. Must be at least 18 years of age to use commercial equipment. Full Time, Temporary. Day Shift, Monday-Friday. $11-15 per hour. Please contact Jenna at 989-390-9034 or Office@aplc.us to schedule an interview.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available.
- COMFORT CENTER FURNITURE is now hiring Delivery Drivers. Full-time (40 hours), cost sharing health benefits, matching 401k, no CDL required. Inquire in person or by calling 989-348-2961.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL is looking to fill a position of a Teacher/Child Care Giver within our Big Kids Program. Hours are typically Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Children are aged 5 through 11 years old, and Kindergarten through 4th grade. More hours are available for 1/2 days, no school days, snow days, summer. Duties will include: preparing snacks, cleaning up after snack, getting children off the school bus, organizing games, projects and crafts for children too do daily, interacting and watching children, following all licensing rules and CADC policies, daily cleaning (including and not limited to bathrooms) and daily communication with parents. You will be required to pass a Digital Fingerprint Background Check. You will need current CPR and First Aide. You must have a current (within 1 year) negative TB Test. You are required to complete mandatory Child Care Health and Safety Courses, Bloodbourne Pathogens and have 16 annual clock hours of training.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT has multiple job positions available. Visit www.casdk12.net/district/job-postings/ for more information. The Crawford AuSable School District is an equal opportunity employer.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER is seeking applications for the following positions: In-Home Services Manager, Part-Time Homemaker, Full-Time Homemaker, On-Call Homemaker, On-Call Cook. Click here for full job descriptions.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. is seeking Cooks and Dishwashers. Experience preferred but willing to train dedicated, reliable individuals. Apply within today!
- DUBOIS LUMBER & RENTAL CENTER is seeking Part-time and Full-time Cashiers. Part-time 20-30 hours/week. Previous experience preferred. Apply in person at store.
- FLOWERS BY JOSIE is seeking a Part-Time Designer. Willing to train, experience is a plus. Deliver resume to Tip’n the Mitten/Flowers By Josie.
- FOX RUN COUNTRY CLUB – Do you love working in beautiful surroundings? Do you like working with people and providing outstanding customer service? Then join our team! Now hiring Pro Shop Assistant, Servers, and Cart Attendants. Flexible schedules, Seasonal. Experienced or will train. Plus enjoy all the golf you can play! Apply in person, at facebook.com/foxruncc or online at foxruncc.com and click on “Join our Team”.
- GATES AUSABLE LODGE/RESTAURANT AT GATES LODGE is hiring all positions – Cooks, Servers, Dishwashers and Housekeeping. We offer employee discounts, competitive wages- work on the river! Anyone 15 years or older may apply. Please stop by the lodge for an on the spot interview or to fill out an application.
- GOODALE’S BAKERY is seeking a Bakery Clerk/Baker’s Helper. Customer service, making sandwiches, selling donuts. Helping chop cinnamon bread, wrapping product. MUST APPLY IN PERSON. MATH TEST REQUIRED.
- G.R.A.C.E. CENTER is seeking an experienced F/T Administrative Assistant. The right candidate will have an Associate’s Degree or higher. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferable and must have experience. Demonstrate good communication skills, a high degree of initiative and self motivation, and a willingness to maintain a positive attitude under stressful conditions. Must have experience in an office setting and be computer-literate. Records management skills a plus. Join our team of professionals in beautiful northern Michigan. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits available. Please send resume to: P.O. Box 561, Grayling, MI 49738 or e-mail to: email@example.com. Not taking resumes/questions through Messenger.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT is now hiring Full and Part Time Cooks. We are a busy diner serving breakfast and lunch from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM everyday. Flexible scheduling and competitive wages. Must be available weekends and holidays. Please call 989-348-2141 to speak with Bridget or Jamey or stop in to schedule an interview.
- HARTWICK PINES STATE PARK is accepting Seasonal Parks Worker applications for the 2021 summer season! Duties include: customer service, building and facility maintenance, janitorial, recreation passport sales, camper registration and landscaping. Applicants must pass a drug test, background check and be 18 yrs or older. No housing provided. Pay rate is $10-$11.60. Contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. The Michigan Civilian Conservation Corps (MCCC) Sign Shop located at Hartwick Pines is currently seeking additional employees. Educational grants up to $6,345 are available. The grants may be used for qualifying forms of higher education or to pay off existing student loans. Applicants must be between 18-27 years of age, per MCCC requirements. Email email@example.com to request an application. For more information call 989-348-9884.
- MICHAYWE’ is now hiring for the following positions: Full or Part Time Availability – Golf Course Maintenance Staff, Club House Grounds Maintenance, General Maintenance & Housing Keeping, Opal Lake Attendant, Inn the Woods Line Cook, Inn the Woods Sous Chef, Inn the Woods Pizza Cook, Inn the Woods Dish Washer, and Inn the Woods Server. Application available on our website Michaywe.com.
- MICHIGAN BREW – Looking for the next great challenge in the industry? If you’re service-oriented, creative and hard-working, we might just have the job for you! Take a look at our open positions: Bartender Manager, Bartender, Barista, Kitchen Staff, and Support Staff and send us your resume today.
- MSU-EXTENSION is seeking a Community Nutrition Instructor in Crawford County. As part of the MSU Extension Health and Nutrition Institute (HNI), with support from the HNI Supervising & Staff Development Educator, District Director and Institute leadership, the Extension Community Nutrition Instructor is responsible for the delivery of nutrition and physical activity education programs. Apply online.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION (NCACU) is seeking an experienced mortgage originator with knowledge of the complete mortgage process as well as previous experience in origination. Job Details.
- NORTH COUNTRY CORNER is seeking applicants to fill two (2) Store Clerk positions. Must be available 3-4 days/week (including weekend availability). Stop in during weekday store hours Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm to apply.
- ROWE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY is seeking entry level and experienced Survey Field Technicians to join our growing team in our Grayling office. Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for topographic data collection, boundary surveys, construction staking and MDOT and utility route surveying. Maintain equipment and survey vehicle. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must be willing to work in the field in all weather conditions and physical environments. ROWE offers a very competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO program; paid holidays; flextime; 401(k) with company match and much more. Please send resume to Employment@rowepsc.com.
- SPIKE’S KEG ‘O’ NAILS is currently seeking cooks and servers (must be 18 years of age) and dishwashers and hosts (must be at least 16 years of age). Apply in person.
- SPRINGS WINDOW FASHIONS is currently seeking Full-Time Assemblers/Operators. We are one of the largest manufacturers of window blinds in the world. In Grayling, we are a small part of that billion -dollar company that produces all kinds of window blinds with facilities across the US, Canada, China, Mexico and Europe. In Grayling, we make more wooden window blinds than anyone else in the world. We train on the job and offer some pretty good benefits: BCBS (3 different plans + Flores Flex Spending), Delta Dental, Delta Optical, We match 5% on 401K, Profit Sharing, 2 Weeks Vacation (prorated depending on hire date), Bonus Time, $50,000 life insurance, Advancement, Tuition reimbursement (75% – 100% depending on the degree), $500.00 Referral bonus plan, Safe work environment. We normally work four ten hour shifts. However, recently we have been working five days due to increased demand. So a 4/10 is never a guarantee. Watch this YouTube video to give you an idea of what we do at Springs. Employees should be able to lift 50 lbs. (most jobs are less) and stand for the day. Normal bending, twisting, and lifting are required. If you or someone you know is looking for work, please contact John Metts, Human Resource Manager at 989-348-2871, Ext. 14 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require a minimum of a high school diploma/GED and they should be able to pass a drug test and a background check.
- TELEPHONE SUPPORT SYSTEMS & ALPINE PROFESSIONAL ANSWERING SERVICES, a Gaylord area answering/dispatching service is looking at add a new Receptionist/Dispatcher to their team. Starting pay rate is based on experience and knowledge of basic secretarial duties. 16-24 hours/week – weekends and weekday afternoons. This is an entry level position, Could lead to more hours in the future. ** This is NOT a work from home job** Apply online.
- TINKER’S JUNCTION is accepting applications for Bartender & Servers. Apply in person starting April 6th. Must be 18 years of age (College students okay).
- TIP’N THE MITTEN is seeking resumes for Sales Associates/Customer Relations – Anyone can learn coffee and running the register, but only FEW can bring the charm….are you it? Duties include getting to know our customers and our products, ice cream scooping, cash register, stocking shelves, coffee/espresso, cleaning, phones, etc. Must be 16 years of age. Drop off resumes in person to Tip’n the Mitten.
- WEEKLY CHOICE has multiple positions available:
- Sales Positions open in Grayling and West Branch area. Independent contractor position earns 20% commission. If you are self motivated to get moving and get in front of local businesses you can make a ton of money. Most of our salespeople work from home and service the businesses close to home. Businesses love the results they get from advertising in the Michigan MoneySaver, Weekly Choice, Charlevoix County News and our 13 weekly papers. Our family owned business if based in Gaylord, Michigan but we distribute our weekly papers in 100 towns in 19 counties in Northern Michigan. I need great salespeople in various areas in Northern Michigan. Send your resume to Dave Baragrey 1 at Office@WeeklyChoice.com.
- Newspaper Weekend Delivery – 2 ROUTES OPEN (Walk Route and Motor Route). We have an immediate opening in this area. Home Delivery is primarily on Saturday or Sunday before Noon. Nice extra income for a few hours of work. You will need dependable transportation and weekends free. Email Office@WeeklyChoice.com or call or text Dave Baragrey at 989-350-9235. Advertisers Postal Service.
- Feature Story Writer – Grayling – The Weekly Choice is looking for a writer in this area. Experienced writer and photographer a plus. Must have digital camera and computer. Email info and samples to Dave at Office@WeeklyChoice.com.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA is looking for one Full-time and one or two Part-time Visitor Store Keepers/Clerks (paid positions) and volunteers. The clerk position starts May 17th – October 31. The position involves greeting customers, collection of admission charges, operating a cash register, answering the phone, taking messages, keeping the store tidy, cleaning, stocking shelves with merchandise. Other jobs may also be assigned based on need. Looking for someone who is outgoing and friendly, likes working with people, dependable and is able to count money back to customers. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public of rural Michigan farming in the 1930’s. We provide school trips for local schools, host weddings and special events and are an asset to our community. We wish to provide the best experience possible to our visitors. This requires a great deal of help. Please consider donating one or two days a month. We are seasonal, open mid May – October 31. Perfect for those who do not like to drive in the winter months. We welcome Senior Citizens and Students needing a summer job.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER is currently seeking Graphic Designer/Counter Help. Must have knowledge of Adobe Suite software. A great intern position. Customer Service and Positive Attitude a must. Part/Full time Monday thru Friday. Will pay for experience. If you are hardworking, creative, a team player and responsible please apply. To apply, send resume and artwork to email@example.com or drop off at Xpress Copy Center, 127 E. Michigan Ave., Grayling, MI 49738. No phone calls please.
JOB POSTING RESOURCES
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Volunteer Opportunities
- CRAWFORD PARTNERSHIP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION (CPSAP) is working on developing a “Families Against Narcotics” (FAN) Chapter in Crawford County. There are currently 22 Chapters in Michigan. More information about the program can be found at familiesagainstnarcotics.org and on Facebook. If you are interested in helping or getting involved in this program, contact Lynda Rutkowski via email.
- GRAYLING EAGLES #3465 is looking for Volunteer Bartenders for the night shifts. If you or anyone you know may be interested, please stop in and let us know. There are different nights open, whether it be an every other week that you would like or the same night each week. Stop in for the nights and more information.
- RIVER HOUSE is now taking applications for new volunteers. We are looking for Volunteers for the Shelter (direct services), Resale Store (sorting, pricing, displaying merchandise), and General Maintenance Handyman to do our “honey do list”. Applications can be picked up at the Shelter M-F 8am-4pm or email to email@example.com and the application can be sent by email.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – We are looking for Volunteer Crafters – Blacksmith, Weavers, Loom Operators, Saw mill, Grist mill, Quilters, Bakers, as well as Tour guides, Gardner Floral and produce, Animal care, Shuttle drivers, Lawn care and maintenance, and Concession Stand. We are open Spring Hours: May 21-June 19, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm / Summer Hours: Monday and Tuesday by appointment only, Thursday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm / Fall Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. There are occasional evening hours for special events and concerts. If you have a craft that you would like to represent, please let us know. We currently have a building available. Please contact Patricia Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday May 15th, 2021 to be considered.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and you receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.