Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWN CARE, LLC is seeking a Lawn Care Crew Leader – Lawn Care, Landscaping. Will train to operate small engine equipment. Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license and reliable transportation to work. Must be at least 18 years of age to use commercial equipment. Full Time, Temporary. Day Shift, Monday-Friday. $11-15 per hour. Please contact Jenna at 989-390-9034 or Office@aplc.us to schedule an interview.
- AMERICAN LEGION GRAYLING POST 106 is seeking a Manager. Job Duties Include: Product Ordering and pricing, Head of Staff, Create and maintain budgets, Manage all levels of scheduling and employment of employees, Over sight of bowling and hall contracts, Entertainment planning, Payroll, Bill payment, Maintain building is in working order, Meetings, and Over sight of all functions of business. Requirements: at least 2 years in a management role over employees, Bartending experience of at least 5 years, Must be able to perform all functions of the job including, but not limited to; Sit, stand, walk, climb, lift 50 pounds, money management, etc. Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our location 106 S James St, Grayling, MI 49738. Application deadline March 5th 2021.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available.
- AUSABLE MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY is currently seeking Certified Martial Arts/Fitness Instructors to teach a group and/or private group: BJJ, Karate, Boxing, Yoga, Tai Chi, Cardio, Pound, etc. If you are interested, contact Mr. Morgan with the AMAA at 989-390-3110. Start your new journey with us today!
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT is seeking a Transportation and Facilities/Grounds Supervisor. Contact Melanie Dannenberg at 989-344-3500 for more information. Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the full job description. HOW TO APPLY: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, References, Copies of any applicable certifications/licenses, and no more than 2-3 Letters of Recommendation to: Melanie Dannenberg, H/R Specialist, 1135 North Old 27, Grayling, MI 49738. Deadline to Apply – February 19, 2021.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER is seeking applications for the following positions: In-Home Services Manager, On-Call Cook, Part Time Homemaker, On-Call Homemaker, and Part-Time Receptionist. Click here for full job descriptions.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER/FOOD PANTRY is seeking an Assistant Director. 18-20 hours per week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am – 3pm. Responsible for assisting with the operation of Food Pantry including supervision of volunteers. Annual salary $10,000. If interested, please email resume to email@example.com. Deadline 1/26/21.
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. is seeking Line Cooks. Experience preferred but willing to train dedicated, reliable individuals. Apply within today!
- DUBOIS LUMBER & RENTAL CENTER is seeking Part-time and Full-time Cashiers. Part-time 20-30 hours/week. Previous experience preferred. Apply in person at store.
- GOODALE’S BAKERY is looking for new sales clerks. We have three part-time spots currently open. Good people skills and basic math required. Apply in person.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT is now hiring Full and Part Time Cooks. We are a busy diner serving breakfast and lunch from 6am to 3pm everyday. Flexible scheduling and competitive wages. Must be available weekends and holidays. Please call 989-348-2141 to speak with Bridget or Jamey or stop in to schedule an interview.
- HANSON HILLS RECREATION AREA has immediate openings for Rental Shop (16 years and up) for Lift Operators (Must be 18 years old) and Ski Patrol (must be 18 years old and be First Aid, CPR AED certified). Please inquire in person at Hanson Hills.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION (NCACU) is seeking an experienced mortgage originator with knowledge of the complete mortgage process as well as previous experience in origination. Job Details.
- NORTHERN MICHIGAN CHILDREN’S ASSESSMENT CENTER is looking to add to our great team! See positions and job descriptions below:
- Full-time Forensic Interviewer to work with our multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities to include interviewing children who are alleged to be a victim of abuse. Responsibilities will also include case data entry and case tracking, as well as community outreach. Position will include traveling between our Roscommon Office and our Tawas Office. Bachelor’s degree in the human service field required. Master’s degree preferred, and preference will be given to those with experience working with trauma. If interested, resumes and cover letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2021 or mail to PO Box 887 Roscommon, MI 48653.
- Part-time Administrative Assistant for up to 20 hours a week. The administrative assistant responsibilities will include administrative desk coverage and supporting ongoing operational, administrative, and building projects: such as data entry, processing weekly deposits, donations, and thank you letters. This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, minimum of one year of administrative experiences, demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office platforms, QuickBooks, and communication skills that demonstrate experience in highly confidential situations and information. If you are interested in our administrative assistant position, your resume and cover letter can be sent to email@example.com by February 5, 2021 or mail to P.O Box 887 Roscommon, MI 48653.
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING is seeking Resident Care Specialist. Full-time and part-time, 12 hour shifts, 7-7. As the Resident Care Specialist you will have the opportunity to provide and manage the care of residents. You will administer medications and treatments while ensuring proper procedures are being followed, ensure residents are being treated with dignity and respect, provide quality care according to their individualized care plan, and ensure resident safety. Applications and full job description available in the front lobby.
- ROWE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY is seeking entry level and experienced Survey Field Technicians to join our growing team in our Grayling office. Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for topographic data collection, boundary surveys, construction staking and MDOT and utility route surveying. Maintain equipment and survey vehicle. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must be willing to work in the field in all weather conditions and physical environments. ROWE offers a very competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO program; paid holidays; flextime; 401(k) with company match and much more. Please send resume to Employment@rowepsc.com.
- SPIKE’S KEG ‘O’ NAILS is currently seeking cooks and servers (must be 18 years of age) and dishwashers and hosts (must be at least 16 years of age). Apply in person.
- TINKER’S JUNCTION is hiring cooks to join our team. Year-round job, nights, weekends and holidays a must. Apply in person.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER is currently seeking Graphic Designer/Counter Help. Must have knowledge of Adobe Suite software. A great intern position. Customer Service and Positive Attitude a must. Part/Full time Monday thru Friday. Will pay for experience. If you are hardworking, creative, a team player and responsible please apply. To apply, send resume and artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Xpress Copy Center, 127 E. Michigan Ave., Grayling, MI 49738. No phone calls please.
JOB POSTING RESOURCES
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Volunteer Opportunities
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- CRAWFORD PARTNERSHIP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION (CPSAP) is working on developing a “Families Against Narcotics” (FAN) Chapter in Crawford County. There are currently 22 Chapters in Michigan. More information about the program can be found at familiesagainstnarcotics.org and on Facebook. If you are interested in helping or getting involved in this program, contact Lynda Rutkowski via email.
- RIVER HOUSE is now taking applications for new volunteers. We are looking for Volunteers for the Shelter (direct services), Resale Store (sorting, pricing, displaying merchandise), and General Maintenance Handyman to do our “honey do list”. Applications can be picked up at the Shelter M-F 8am-4pm or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the application can be sent by email.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – seeking volunteers to help run multiple facets of the park throughout the season such as crafters, wood carver, corn husk doll maker, rock polisher, potter, wood worker, blacksmith, or any other person who wants to seriously work their craft for the season. We are also in need of interpreters, store clerks, shuttle drivers, mechanics, carpenters and general maintenance people. We are also looking for someone to take the ServSafe class and run our concession. Call 989-348-5187 or email to find out more!
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and you receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.