Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWNCARE – We are looking to add employees through the fall and possibly the winter. Work starts immediately. Experience in mowing, landscaping and sprinklers preferred but always willing to train the right individuals. Valid drivers license and drug free is required. Please email Support@aplc.us or text/call 989-390-5880.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- AUSABLE MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY – Seeking Martial Arts Academy Instructors. We are searching for the right trainers certified in martial arts, boxing, yoga, and fitness program, that will provide excellent service to those living within the Grayling community and surrounding areas. If you are interested in starting or expanding your services, contact us at 207-562-2017 or email@example.com.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Experienced Line Cooks. Apply within.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used and Service Automotive Technician. Apply within.
- MCLEAN’S ACE HARDWARE – McLean’s Ace Hardware is looking to hire around five new employees this spring. Most positions will start out as part time with the potential of moving into full time after three month trial period with the potential for a raise. Seeking 1 for the shop (part-time available only), 2 for the floor, and possibly 2 for register. Can train most skills, but prior knowledge, great work ethic and people skills is a plus. Please stop in to complete an application.
- MSU EXTENSION – MSU Extension is seeking a Community Behavioral Health & Disease Prevention Management Educator. As part of MSU Extension (MSUE) and the Health and Nutrition Institute, this position provides local as well as statewide leadership and educational programming expertise in Disease Prevention and Management and Community Behavioral Health. This position assesses community health needs; implements evidence-based programs; designs and evaluates educational programming based on applied research and program evaluation methods; ensures dissemination of research-based information through various methods, including multi-media, presentations and written articles; and, serves as an informational resource for Extension personnel and clientele. Community behavior health includes interdisciplinary perspectives to deal with system changes, policies, and environmental changes of communities and institutions and includes being responsive to mental health and substance abuse prevention across the state and promoting behavioral health literacy within Extension and across Michigan communities. This position will be based out of the MSU Extension office located in Crawford County. Application deadline is July 7. 2019.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – Head Teller-Grayling Office – North Central Area Credit Union is accepting applications for a Head Teller position in the Grayling Office. Candidates should be motivated, organized, sales oriented and have a commitment to providing high standards of service to members. Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary along with past experience in cash services and operations. This position is responsible for ensuring tellers are well trained and effective, arranging daily schedules, resolving problems, ensuring staff comply with policies and procedures and processing financial transactions in a professional and confidential manner. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING – seeking candidates for the following positions:
- RALPH A. MACMULLAN CONFERENCE CENTER – seeking quality individuals to fill part- time kitchen help positions. Duties include setting & bussing tables, washing dishes, preparing & serving food, organization and cleaning of storage areas, cleaning kitchen & dining rooms and assisting cooks. Applicable experience desired. Excellent customer service skills required. Pay range is $9.25/hour. Pre-Employment Drug Testing Required. Applications are available at the Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center. 989-821-6200.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – Visit our website for complete job descriptions for the current positions available below. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com:
- Youth Advocate – Responsible for organizing and implementing special activities for children and their parent(s) residentially and non-residentially which promotes good mental and physical health to child/youth victims of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking in the River House four county service area. Attend and facilitate group meetings and presentations in the community.
- Casual House Advocate – Responsible for coverage of River House and crisis line. Coverage of the shelter consists of assisting the residents in meeting their emotional and physical needs, answering the crisis line, text line and email. Conducting intake and exit interviews, maintaining shelter safety, and overseeing housekeeping and light physical maintenance of the inside of the shelter. Additional responsibilities include assisting in new staff and volunteer training, serve on and attend subcommittee meeting and assistance with maintaining donations in the depot.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks – $13-15/hour. Apply within.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Grayling High School Assistant Principal Jeff Branch at or 989-344-3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- VILLAGE DIGITIAL PRODUCTIONS – Videographer Internship Position (now plus Spring & Summer 2019) – Requirements: Strong interest in videography or photography, available part time now and travel time June through August, a drone operator or drone interest is a plus, camera or drone ownership not required. Work experience to include: technical use of cameras and equipment, pre-production planning, scene set-up and scheduling, location scouting and filming in Michigan, day trips in northwest lower peninsula*, overnight trips on the road in the U.P. (trips can be two to four days*), technical and creative film editing, and post production work. This is a Career Path Internship. Compensation: Work experience & Travel. *Day and overnight trips are usually scheduled on forecasted bright or sunny days. Being weather dependent, filming trips tend to be last minute planned activities. Weekend and weekday trips are expected to be part of the filming plans. Filming trip costs and meals are covered by VDP. Contact: Ronald Mavis — 989-348-9494. Internship FAQ’s / Internship Outline
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – What is your Superpower (Volunteer Opportunities)?
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – seeking volunteers to help run multiple facets of the park throughout the season such as crafters, wood carver, corn husk doll maker, rock polisher, potter, wood worker, blacksmith, or any other person who wants to seriously work their craft for the season. We are also in need of interpreters, store clerks, shuttle drivers, mechanics, carpenters and general maintenance people. We are also looking for someone to take the ServSafe class and run our concession. Call 989-348-5187 or email to find out more!
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.