Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- A+ LAWNCARE – We are looking to add employees through the fall and possibly the winter. Work starts immediately. Experience in mowing, landscaping and sprinklers preferred but always willing to train the right individuals. Valid drivers license and drug free is required. Please email Support@aplc.us or text/call 989-390-5880.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- AUSABLE MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY – Seeking Martial Arts Academy Instructors. We are searching for the right trainers certified in martial arts, boxing, yoga, and fitness program, that will provide excellent service to those living within the Grayling community and surrounding areas. If you are interested in starting or expanding your services, contact us at 207-562-2017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAMP GRAYLING – Camp Grayling Exchange Store is seeking temporary seasonal hire positions for 20-34 hours/week from approximately May 1-August 31, 2019. Must be at least 18 years old. Store hours: Mon-Sun 8am-7pm. Customer Experience Associate, Laborer, and Shift Supervisor.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE DAY CARE & PRESCHOOL – Looking to hire 1 part time qualified Lead Teacher. Must have valid CDA, Associates in Child Development or 90 clock hours with 4,000 hours of experience. Must have CPR and First Aide, Blood Borne Certificate and current TB Test, or willing to obtain. Will need to pass a Comprehensive Background Check and be Finger Printed. Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all center standards. Create fun and interactive learning experiences. Are caring, compassionate and love what they do! Need to be able to carry out daily lesson plans, and lead both small and large group activities. Able to prepare and serve snack and meals. Willing to clean up after snack, meals, and the center daily. Cleaning will include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and well as detailed bathroom cleaning. Must be a team player! Must want to work with children aged 2 to 12 years old and love doing so. Must be flexible and able to work summer and during schedule school closings. Pay is variable based on education and experience. Hours will vary from 10 to 25 hours based on the centers needs. More hours available during the summer and into the next school year. Any questions and interest should contact Salena at the center 989-348-7709. All interested applicants must provide resume and references. They can dropped off at the center at 6989 Old Lake Rd, Grayling or be mailed to CADC, Attn. Salena Laskowski, PO Box 66, Grayling Mi 49738.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – Now hiring Experienced Line Cooks. Apply within.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- GRAYLING DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY – The Grayling Fire Department is accepting applications for multiple seasonal positions of Firefighter and Firefighter/EMT. Firefighter applicants must possess a State of Michigan Firefighter I & II Certification. Firefighter/EMT applicants must also possess an EMT-B license or higher. Applicants must be able to pass a complete background investigation, drug screen, physical, and have a valid Michigan Driver’s License. Applicant Must provide proof of all licenses with application. The position will be from May 1- August 31, 2019 with 12 hour or 24 hour shifts available. Visit www.cityofgrayling.org/fire.asp under the Hiring Information for application and additional details.
- MATT LAFONTAINE AUTOMOTIVE – Job positions now open for Sales-New and Used and Service Automotive Technician. Apply within.
- MCLEAN’S ACE HARDWARE – McLean’s Ace Hardware is looking to hire around five new employees this spring. Most positions will start out as part time with the potential of moving into full time after three month trial period with the potential for a raise. Seeking 1 for the shop (part-time available only), 2 for the floor, and possibly 2 for register. Can train most skills, but prior knowledge, great work ethic and people skills is a plus. Please stop in to complete an application.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – Head Teller-Grayling Office – North Central Area Credit Union is accepting applications for a Head Teller position in the Grayling Office. Candidates should be motivated, organized, sales oriented and have a commitment to providing high standards of service to members. Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary along with past experience in cash services and operations. This position is responsible for ensuring tellers are well trained and effective, arranging daily schedules, resolving problems, ensuring staff comply with policies and procedures and processing financial transactions in a professional and confidential manner. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING – seeking candidates for the following positions:
- RALPH A. MACMULLAN CONFERENCE CENTER – seeking quality individuals to fill part- time kitchen help positions. Duties include setting & bussing tables, washing dishes, preparing & serving food, organization and cleaning of storage areas, cleaning kitchen & dining rooms and assisting cooks. Applicable experience desired. Excellent customer service skills required. Pay range is $9.25/hour. Pre-Employment Drug Testing Required. Applications are available at the Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center. 989-821-6200.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – Visit our website for complete job descriptions for the current positions available below. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Youth Advocate – Responsible for organizing and implementing special activities for children and their parent(s) residentially and non-residentially which promotes good mental and physical health to child/youth victims of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking in the River House four county service area. Attend and facilitate group meetings and presentations in the community.
- Casual House Advocate – Responsible for coverage of River House and crisis line. Coverage of the shelter consists of assisting the residents in meeting their emotional and physical needs, answering the crisis line, text line and email. Conducting intake and exit interviews, maintaining shelter safety, and overseeing housekeeping and light physical maintenance of the inside of the shelter. Additional responsibilities include assisting in new staff and volunteer training, serve on and attend subcommittee meeting and assistance with maintaining donations in the depot.
- Resale Store Manager – Resale Store Manager provides supervision, oversight, and management to River House Resale store operations to generate revenue to support agency programs. The Resale Manager Recruits, screens, and trains volunteers in collaboration with River House staff. The Manager oversees all general operations of River House Resale while keeping open communication with River House staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and other community members. Resale Manager schedules business hours for River House Resale.
- SPIKE’S KEG O’ NAILS – Seeking Cooks – $13-15/hour. Apply within.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Grayling High School Assistant Principal Jeff Branch at or 989-344-3508 or email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- VILLAGE DIGITIAL PRODUCTIONS – Videographer Internship Position (now plus Spring & Summer 2019) – Requirements: Strong interest in videography or photography, available part time now and travel time June through August, a drone operator or drone interest is a plus, camera or drone ownership not required. Work experience to include: technical use of cameras and equipment, pre-production planning, scene set-up and scheduling, location scouting and filming in Michigan, day trips in northwest lower peninsula*, overnight trips on the road in the U.P. (trips can be two to four days*), technical and creative film editing, and post production work. This is a Career Path Internship. Compensation: Work experience & Travel. *Day and overnight trips are usually scheduled on forecasted bright or sunny days. Being weather dependent, filming trips tend to be last minute planned activities. Weekend and weekday trips are expected to be part of the filming plans. Filming trip costs and meals are covered by VDP. Contact: Ronald Mavis — 989-348-9494. Internship FAQ’s / Internship Outline
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – What is your Superpower (Volunteer Opportunities)?
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HELP CENTER FOOD PANTRY – Seeking Volunteers to assist our clients on our usual days of operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Usually volunteers are scheduled for 1 day/month as their time allows. Any interested person can visit the Food Pantry during any open hours or call 989-348-6046 if they are interested in volunteering.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – seeking volunteers to help run multiple facets of the park throughout the season such as crafters, wood carver, corn husk doll maker, rock polisher, potter, wood worker, blacksmith, or any other person who wants to seriously work their craft for the season. We are also in need of interpreters, store clerks, shuttle drivers, mechanics, carpenters and general maintenance people. We are also looking for someone to take the ServSafe class and run our concession. Call 989-348-5187 or email to find out more!
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.