Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
A+ LAWN CARE, LLC is seeking a Lawn Care Crew Leader – Lawn Care, Landscaping. Will train to operate small engine equipment. Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license and reliable transportation to work. Must be at least 18 years of age to use commercial equipment. Full Time, Temporary. Day Shift, Monday-Friday. $11-15 per hour. Please contact Jenna at 989-390-9034 or Office@aplc.us to schedule an interview.
CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER is seeking applications for the following positions: Homemaker, In-Home Services Manager, Nutrition Manager, & Receptionist (Part-Time). Visit www.crawfordcoa.org/employment for more details and to download an Employment Application.
HURON PINES is hiring for the following positions, click on the job position for more information regarding that position. For full job postings and more information about Huron Pines Click here
MICHIGAN BREW – We’re hiring baristas, bartenders, kitchen and support staff! Are you looking for the next great challenge? Do you want to be a part of creative team that promotes inclusivity and a welcoming environment? If you’re service-oriented, creative and hard-working, we might just have the job for you. Take a look at our open positions on our website at mibrewgrayling.com/careers You can apply online, on Facebook, or stop in the venue. You can also send us your resume and a brief statement of interest. Be sure to include your name and ‘MI Brew Applicant’ in the subject of the email. Please send your materials and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to the opportunity to meet you!
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp Resort – We are looking for housekeepers and a supervisor to join our staff! No experience needed, fun and friendly environment, competitive hourly pay, daytime hours and most Saturdays off! Apply on our website today!
Xpress Copy Center – A busy print shop in Grayling, MI is currently hiring for the current positions. Part/Full Time – Graphic Designer, Print Shop Assistant & Customer Service. Stop by 127 Michigan Avenue for an application!
Ray’s BBQ, Brews & Blues-is hiring Line Cooks, Servers, Hosts & Bussers! Great pay and NO LATE NIGHTS. Pay rate is dependent on experience. Show us your stuff and you’ll climb the ladder here in no time.
AJD Forest Products– hiring multiple positions. General Labor, Sawyers, Lumber Graders and Heavy Equipment Operators. Applications are available at 4440 W 4 Mile Road, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm. To schedule an interview please call 989-348-5412 ext. 126. Applications may be completed at the time of your interview.
Tip’n the Mitten-is seeking a Part-Time Designer. Willing to train, experience is a plus. Deliver resume to Tip’n the Mitten/Flowers By Josie.
Crawford AuSable School District– has multiple job positions available. Visit www.casdk12.net/district/job-postings/ for more information. The Crawford AuSable School District is an equal opportunity employer. Substitutes Needed in multiple areas. CASD needs substitute custodians, paraprofessionals, food service workers, and teachers**. Interested applicants can complete the application through EDUStaff Services online at Edustaff.org. INCENTIVE EXTENDED: Applicants who complete the registration process by November 1 are eligible for reimbursement of fingerprinting costs*. This incentive is available for NEW substitutes only. Bus Driver positions. Daily route available. Minimum of 5 hours daily and up to 40 hours available weekly with labor pool/trip hours. Medical/RX, Life, LTD, and PTO are available for routed drivers. Part-time/subbing opportunities are available as well. Help with routes and or trip needs for teams or class field trips. Training provided. Visit www.casdk12.net and click on “Job Opportunities” for more information and how to apply.
Dead Bear Brewing Co.– seeking Cooks , Experience preferred but willing to train dedicated, reliable individuals. Apply within today!
DuBois Lumber & Rental Center– is seeking Part-time and Full-time Cashiers. Part-time 20-30 hours/week. Previous experience preferred. Apply in person at store.
Goodale’s Bakery– is seeking a Bakery Clerk/Baker’s Helper. Customer service, making sandwiches, selling donuts. Helping chop cinnamon bread, wrapping product. MUST APPLY IN PERSON. MATH TEST REQUIRED.
Gates AuSable Lodge– is hiring all positions – Cooks, Servers, Dishwashers and Housekeeping. We offer employee discounts, competitive wages- work on the river! Anyone 15 years or older may apply. Please stop by the lodge for an on the spot interview or to fill out an application.
Arauco North America-Multiple Career Opportunities Available.
JOB POSTING RESOURCES
Black Diamond Broadcasting launched recruitment website michiganforhire.org to enhance recruitment capabilities for Northern Michigan businesses. Connecting people and employers. Offering a free 30 day listing to employers. Offering to post your resume for job seekers. Radio mention with business membership.
Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- CRAWFORD AUSABLE SCHOOL DISTRICT – Grayling High School Seeking Internship Opportunities for Students. Work-based learning experiences provide pupils with a planned program of job training and other employment experiences related to a chosen career as stated in a pupil’s EDP (Educational Development Plan). Placement is coordinated by the school district through a training agreement with an employer providing a paid or an unpaid educational experience related to school instruction. Federal and state regulations regarding the employment of minors shall be followed. Contact Career Readiness Coordinator Jeff Branch at 989-344-3500 ext. 3427 or email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about how your business or organization can participate!
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Volunteer Opportunities
- CRAWFORD PARTNERSHIP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION (CPSAP) is working on developing a “Families Against Narcotics” (FAN) Chapter in Crawford County. There are currently 22 Chapters in Michigan. More information about the program can be found at familiesagainstnarcotics.org and on Facebook. If you are interested in helping or getting involved in this program, contact Lynda Rutkowski via email.
- GRAYLING EAGLES #3465 is looking for Volunteer Bartenders for the night shifts. If you or anyone you know may be interested, please stop in and let us know. There are different nights open, whether it be an every other week that you would like or the same night each week. Stop in for the nights and more information.
- RIVER HOUSE is now taking applications for new volunteers. We are looking for Volunteers for the Shelter (direct services), Resale Store (sorting, pricing, displaying merchandise), and General Maintenance Handyman to do our “honey do list”. Applications can be picked up at the Shelter M-F 8am-4pm or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the application can be sent by email.
- RSVP OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN – The RSVP is seeking Volunteer Drivers in the counties of Crawford and Roscommon. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide non-emergency medical transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Services Coordinator Persis Sopariwala at 989-202-4450.
- WELLINGTON FARM USA – We are looking for Volunteer Crafters – Blacksmith, Weavers, Loom Operators, Saw mill, Grist mill, Quilters, Bakers, as well as Tour guides, Gardner Floral and produce, Animal care, Shuttle drivers, Lawn care and maintenance, and Concession Stand. We are open Spring Hours: May 21-June 19, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm / Summer Hours: Monday and Tuesday by appointment only, Thursday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm / Fall Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. There are occasional evening hours for special events and concerts. If you have a craft that you would like to represent, please let us know. We currently have a building available. Please contact Patricia Taylor email@example.com no later than Saturday May 15th, 2021 to be considered.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and you receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.