The Camp Grayling Officer’s Club and the land on which it is constructed were given to the state of Michigan by Rasmus Hanson, a successful Grayling businessman who earned his fortune in the white pine forests. The Officer’s Club is a “Classic“. Built in 1917, it has since served as the focal point for the social and formal functions of the Michigan National Guard Officer Corps. Reminiscent of the architecture that is typical of southern military structures, the colonnaded veranda and symmetrically spaced dormers set into the low hipped roof are common to militia camps and army posts erected at the turn of the century. The Officer’s Club has been in continuous operation since its inception.
The Officer’s Club can be reserved for weddings, celebrations, and more!
Categories: Government & Military
Contact Name: Merry Meredith