Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- AUSABLE DANCE CENTER – Part-Time Dance Instructor. Position is part-time in local dance studio. Individuals who are particularly interested in teaching ballet, pointe, and/or pre-school aged children are strongly encouraged to apply. Other resumes will also be considered. Thorough training is required, performance experience is a plus, and teaching experience is appreciated, but not required. Mentoring program with Studio Director is available. To apply, email resume, including experience and training, as well as a cover letter. Please do not apply in person. Email with questions.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Part Time Receptionist. 25 hrs/week, union position which directs and coordinates customer service activities including phones, reception and meal/activity registration. Clerical tasks include data entry, receipting of monies, and mailings. High School Diploma or its equivalent is required. Preferred candidate will have two years’ experience working with older adults in a social service setting. A resume is required along with the completed application form. Application packets can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website. Return completed application and resume by 5:00pm, Friday, June 16th. Full Job Description
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – hiring experienced servers, as well as hosts, bussers, and dishwashers. Apply within.
- DUBOIS LUMBER –
Outside Sales position – work with our contractors in store and out on job sites. We are looking for someone motivated and eager to sell! Must have experience in reading blue prints and doing material take offs. Please apply in person at DuBois Lumber or contact Kelly or Andrea at 989-348-4831 for any additional details.
Yard/Driver position – must have valid drivers license with good driving record. Please apply in person.
- FEENY FORD – Service Technician. We are looking to add a Certified ASE or State Certified Technician. We offer a great work environment in a very busy shop. Feeny offers insurance, vacation and matching 401k. Please call Shawn or Derak at 989-348-3242.
- FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking applicants for the following open positions:
Assistant Store Manager – Charlie’s Country Corner
Store Manager – Sunny Spot (Roscommon)
Certified Diesel Techs / Propane Service Tech
Customer Service Representative
Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- GRAYLING CAR CARE – Seeking a full-time Auto Mechanic. Stop in or call Ray Fuhr at 989-348-3200 for more details.
- GRAYLING MAIN STREET – Grayling Main Street is looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA Member to serve in Grayling for one year (service begins August 2017), as a full-time employee, building the capacity of the program through fundraising development and business attraction for downtown vacancies. We are looking for a candidate with experience in community and economic development, non-profit organizations, business to business relationships, and/or fundraising. The ideal candidate has a bachelors degree in a related field, but we will consider applicants with at least a high school diploma or equivalent. This position is full-time, for one year. The salary is approximately $11,880, the estimated equivalent of those living in poverty in the community in which you will serve. Other benefits include, but are not limited to: 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, child care assistance, guidance navigating state services (healthcare and supplemental income), as well as an end of service award for education expenses or in cash. Please email Rae for more information about the position, or apply online.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT – Come Join Our Team! Grayling Restaurant is hiring Line Cooks for our busy summer months. Position is seasonal with an opportunity for possible year-round employment. We offer competitive wages, food discounts, flexible schedule, and excellent hours. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and good work ethic who likes to be part of a hard-working and friendly team of co-workers. Must be available as early as 7:00 AM, as well as weekends and holidays. Applications are available at the front counter. No phone calls.
- JACK MILLIKIN INC – Concrete Finisher/Mason. Seeking a qualified concrete and masonry professional to join our team for the upcoming 2017 construction season, and beyond. This person will be responsible for the layout and installation of concrete and masonry foundations, interior and exterior flatwork, stamped/colored concrete, etc. The applicant should have AT LEAST 2 years of experience in this type of work. This position requires a chauffer’s driver’s license, and a “good” driving record. We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical insurance, 401(k) with company matching, paid holidays, uniforms, etc. Visit our webpage for a downloadable job application, or stop by the office at 4680 W. North Down River Rd. to pick one up. 989-348-8411.
- MUNSON HEALTHCARE GRAYLING HOSPITAL – Behavioral Health Counselor II. This position is responsible for providing outpatient behavioral health services to patients of providers in the Community Health Centers of Roscommon, Prudenville, and Grayling offices. In addition to outpatient services this position may provide coverage and support to Grayling Hospital patients for behavioral health needs. Full Job Description
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – has new professional positions available, banking or lending experience is helpful. Full time with benefits. Click for more information
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING –
Cook – The Cook is responsible for preparing and serving palatable, nutritionally balanced, quality food to residents as directed by the Food Service Director. You are responsible for keeping equipment, kitchen and dining areas clean.
Resident Care Specialist – Provides care for residents, such as assistance with toileting, transferring, bathing, feeding, etc. Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks and kitchen tasks as assigned. Administers medical treatments and prescribed/over-the-counter medications, as ordered by a physician. Medications and treatments are administered according to company policies and procedures. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality care according to individualized care plans.
- RIALTO THEATER – Movie Theater Manager. 5 days/nights per week – Tuesday through Saturday. (Days off: Sunday and Monday.) 35 hours per week mid-June to mid-August and between Christmas and New Year’s. 25 hours per week rest of year. You MUST be available nights, weekends, and holidays. Pay/benefits competitive and will be based on experience. For more information and to apply, email resume. Complete job details can be found on Facebook.
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
- SUCHEY CHIROPRACTIC – We are looking for someone to join our team! The position entails greeting patients, checking them in and out, scheduling appointments, answering phones and other front desk duties. The position is part time 16 +/- hours. If you are interested in becoming part of our team please stop in and pick up an application or email your resume.
- XPRESS COPY CENTER – Counter Person/Graphic Artist. If you are self motivated, quick learner and creative, this job is for you. Looking for graphic artist that has experience in Adobe Suite. Also, must have customer service experience. Must be able to multi-task and have good people skills. Busy Print, Sign & Screen Printing Shop. Part time/Full time in summer. No phone calls or walk-in interviews. Please email resume or mail to Xpress Copy Center, 127 E. Michigan Ave., Grayling, MI 49738.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
Meals on Wheels Drivers – Volunteers needed to deliver meals one day each week on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Mileage reimbursement is available. If you are a licensed driver, can pass a criminal background check and have a friendly smile you qualify. If interested in volunteering please contact Melanie Conway at the Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center at 989-348-7123.
Kitchen Helpers – The Crawford County Commission on Aging is in desperate need of volunteers to help in the Senior Center kitchen doing dishes, packing and serving meals, and making sandwiches. A criminal background check is required. If you are interested, please contact Alice Snyder at (989) 348-7123.
Community Dinner Volunteer Help & Desserts Needed – Monday Night Community Dinners at Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church are looking for desserts. Desserts must serve 160 and be prepared at the church. If you are willing to help out, please contact Linda Harrison at (989) 344-7460. Pastor Rich is also asking for extra volunteers for the community dinners. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Pastor Rich at (989) 348-2974.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.