Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER –
Homemaker–Part Time. Starts at $10.00/hr. Duties include light housekeeping, bathing and supervision of older adults needing assistance. Preferred candidate will have two years professional caregiving experience or Nurse’s Aide certification. Application packets can be picked up at 308 Lawndale, Grayling or found online.
- CRAWFORD COUNTY VOICE – Are you active in the community? Do you need a flexible daytime work schedule? Do you want to be part of making our communities a better place to live? We are currently seeking two commission-based marketing professionals to sell web and newspaper advertising, promotional items (clothing, mugs, etc), and commercial printing of brochures, magazines and flyers in the Hale and Tawas area, and in the Gaylord-Grayling area. Experience preferred, but we will train the right personality. For information email Tracy Constance or call 989-275-1170. We are also in search of freelance writers in Houghton Lake, Grayling, Mio, Hale, Tawas and Oscoda. Excellent writing, computer and photography skills required. Please email a letter of interest to Mark Constance.
- DUBOIS LUMBER –
Outside Sales position – work with our contractors in store and out on job sites. We are looking for someone motivated and eager to sell! Must have experience in reading blue prints and doing material take offs. Please apply in person at DuBois Lumber or contact Kelly or Andrea at 989-348-4831 for any additional details.
Yard/Driver position – must have valid drivers license with good driving record. Please apply in person.
- FICK & SONS –
Charlie’s Country Corner Store Manager. Charlie’s Country Corner is a locally owned division of Fick & Sons, a diversified company that has been operating in the Grayling area since 1958. Our Travel Center is open 24/7 365 days a year. Largest Truck Stop located off I-75 in the Northern Michigan Area. We’re looking for a positive individual with 2 years minimum management experience to become a part of our team. Full-Time Position, Hourly Wage, Health Benefits, Propane/Employee Discounts, 401K/Profit Sharing, Quarterly Recognition Program, Vacation & Sick Time, Top Benefits, Bonus Opportunity, and Diversified/Experienced Team. Charlie’s Country Corner is located at the merger of I-75 and US 127 at 4 Mile Rd just South of the City of Grayling. Please Contact Us: (989) 348-2740 or submit a resume via email.
Full-Time Bookkeeping/General Ledger for Corporate Accounting Office with Benefits. Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Accounting or currently enrolled in college accounting courses. Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, & General Ledger experience preferred, but not required. Experience with MS Excel and spreadsheets are a must. General Math Skills are crucial.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT – Come Join Our Team! Grayling Restaurant is hiring Line Cooks for our busy summer months. Position is seasonal with an opportunity for possible year-round employment. We offer competitive wages, food discounts, flexible schedule, and excellent hours. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and good work ethic who likes to be part of a hard-working and friendly team of co-workers. Must be available as early as 7:00 AM, as well as weekends and holidays. Applications are available at the front counter. No phone calls.
- JACK MILLIKIN INC – Concrete Finisher/Mason. Seeking a qualified concrete and masonry professional to join our team for the upcoming 2017 construction season, and beyond. This person will be responsible for the layout and installation of concrete and masonry foundations, interior and exterior flatwork, stamped/colored concrete, etc. The applicant should have AT LEAST 2 years of experience in this type of work. This position requires a chauffer’s driver’s license, and a “good” driving record. We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical insurance, 401(k) with company matching, paid holidays, uniforms, etc. Visit our webpage for a downloadable job application, or stop by the office at 4680 W. North Down River Rd. to pick one up. 989-348-8411.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION has new professional positions available, banking or lending experience is helpful. Full time with benefits. Click for more information
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING
Resident Care Manager – Provides and manage resident care; administer medications and treatments while ensuring proper procedures are being followed. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect, and receive quality care according to individualized care plans. Ensure the safety of residents.
Resident Care Specialist – Provides care for residents, such as assistance with toileting, transferring, bathing, feeding, etc. Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks and kitchen tasks as assigned. Administers medical treatments and prescribed/over-the-counter medications, as ordered by a physician. Medications and treatments are administered according to company policies and procedures. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality care according to individualized care plans.
- RIVER HOUSE, INC – Outreach Client Advocate has primary responsibility for individual advocacy of adult and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault who are primarily non-residents of the shelter to promote good mental and physical health. This involves developing a safety plan for each client as well as coordinating services for such necessities as food, clothing, housing, job placement, parenting education, legal advocacy, medical, financial, childcare, transportation and referral to appropriate community resources. The Outreach Client Advocate carries a caseload of non-residential clients in Roscommon, Ogemaw and Oscoda Counties and facilitates a support group for adult clients in Crawford County, as needed. The Advocate also ensures that victims of crime are aware of their rights and compensation available through the Crime Victim’s Rights Act. BSW or BA in a human service field or work experience is required. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Experience in a similar or related social service setting a plus. Must be able to relate easily to people under stress and show empathy for victims of domestic violence. Full-time position. Starting wage is $12.00/hr. with benefits.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Crawford County Commission on Aging is in desperate need of volunteers to help in the Senior Center kitchen doing dishes, packing and serving meals, and making sandwiches. A criminal background check is required. If you are interested, please contact Alice Snyder at (989) 348-7123.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.