Chamber Members are invited to submit Job Postings and Volunteer Opportunities to post on this page.
- ARAUCO-NORTH AMERICA – Multiple Career Opportunities Available
- CRAWFORD COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING & SENIOR CENTER – Application packets for the following job openings can be picked up during normal business hours or found on the website:
- Part-Time Cook – Job Description
- Nutrition Manager – Job Description
- Recreational & Wellness Coordinator – Job Description
- Part-Time Receptionist – Job Description
- DEAD BEAR BREWING CO. – hiring experienced servers, as well as hosts, bussers, and dishwashers. Apply within.
- FEENY FORD OF GRAYLING – Full-Time Receptionist/Sales Assistant. Full-time job. We are currently in the need for a receptionist / sales assistant. Need to be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi task. Job duties: Answer Phones, Greet Customers cheerfully, Take photos of vehicles, Filing / Light cleaning, and Computer skills are required. This is a full time position. We have insurance, vacation and 401k. Please contact Shawn at 989-348 3242 or email for your confidential interview.
FICK & SONS – Fick & Sons is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative. Stop in to Fick & Sons main office or call 989-348-7647 for details and to apply.
- GRAYLING RESTAURANT – Come Join Our Team! Grayling Restaurant is hiring a Line Cook. We offer competitive wages, food discounts, flexible schedule, and excellent hours. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and good work ethic who likes to be part of a hard-working and friendly team of co-workers. Must be available as early as 7:00 AM, as well as weekends and holidays. Applications are available at the front counter. No phone calls.
- NORTH CENTRAL AREA CREDIT UNION – has new professional positions available, banking or lending experience is helpful. Full time with benefits. Click for more information
- NORTHERN PINES ASSISTED LIVING – Resident Care Specialist – Provides care for residents, such as assistance with toileting, transferring, bathing, feeding, etc. Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks and kitchen tasks as assigned. Administers medical treatments and prescribed/over-the-counter medications, as ordered by a physician. Medications and treatments are administered according to company policies and procedures. Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and receive quality care according to individualized care plans.
- Crawford County Avalanche lists employment opportunities in our area each week. Visit weekly for a list of current employment opportunities.
- Michigan Works! (Grayling location) lists employment opportunities in our region. Visit daily for employment opportunities.
- The Weekly Choice lists employment opportunities in the region each week. Notice to Employers – Weekly Choice is offering FREE job postings for a limited time only (first 1,000 job posts are free).
- RSVP OF CRAWFORD & ROSCOMMON COUNTIES – The RSVP of Crawford and Roscommon Counties is seeking Volunteer Drivers. Drive your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement and supplemental insurance. You can deliver meals or provide door-to-door transportation locally or longer distances with flexible hours on a schedule that works for you. Volunteers are the future if we are to ever meet the need of so many individuals in our community. For more information contact RSVP Project Director, email Amy Fuller or call 989-348-8709 ext. 5126.
Meals on Wheels Drivers – Volunteers needed to deliver meals one day each week on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Mileage reimbursement is available. If you are a licensed driver, can pass a criminal background check and have a friendly smile you qualify. If interested in volunteering please contact Melanie Conway at the Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center at 989-348-7123.
Kitchen Helpers – The Crawford County Commission on Aging is in desperate need of volunteers to help in the Senior Center kitchen doing dishes, packing and serving meals, and making sandwiches. A criminal background check is required. If you are interested, please contact Alice Snyder at (989) 348-7123.
Community Dinner Volunteer Help & Desserts Needed – Monday Night Community Dinners at Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church are looking for desserts. Desserts must serve 160 and be prepared at the church. If you are willing to help out, please contact Linda Harrison at (989) 344-7460. Pastor Rich is also asking for extra volunteers for the community dinners. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Pastor Rich at (989) 348-2974.
READ BELOW BEFORE YOU HIRE
There are substantial financial benefits to hiring an eligible participant in specified demand occupations! OJT reimburses your company for a portion of the extraordinary costs associated with training this new employee, which are usually calculated at half the pay rate for the agreed-upon training period. Employers use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their company. As an OJT Employer: You make the hiring decision, You determine the job performance standards, You retain the right to terminate a trainee, You do not need to worry about paperwork. It’s all handled promptly and efficiently by our OJT Specialist, and You receive at least a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period based on the size of your business. To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact the Grayling Business Liaison for Crawford County BEFORE YOU HIRE. 989-348-8709.
OJT cannot be funded after hiring takes place. Please note that obtaining an OJT contract will be contingent on funding availability. Participant eligibility must be re-confirmed with our office prior to hiring.